Code of Conduct
Site administration reserved the right to suspend or remove users that do not behave in a civil manner. Specific guidelines are being further developed and will be placed here as the site develops.
Users who post inappropriate content will be suspended after a warning. Repeat offenders will be permanently banned.
- Advertisements of any kind without the express written permission of site administration are PROHIBITED. Please ask permission before posting anything of a commercial nature
- Bots are allowed only if they do not clutter the timeline or engage with other users without their permission. Please contact site administration before using bots to be sure they are appropriate!
- Content that is considered obscene, libelous, hate speech or otherwise unlawful under Canadian law will be removed immediately and the user who posted it banned without warning
- Personal attacks, derogatory remarks or discriminatory behaviour towards others based on ANY personal characteristics will not be tolerated!
- Accounts that mislead or misrepresent the true identity of a user will be banned immediately (no fake celebrities allowed!)
- Harassment, bullying or otherwise inciting hatred against others is prohibited
- Users are responsible for vetting articles/links they post or share. Users who repeatedly post "fake news" without stating it is as such will be suspended or banned.
The Mastodon platform offers a "content warning" feature that obscures post content until a user explicitly opens it. This allows for sensitive information or potentially offensive or distressing content to be hidden from those who do not wish to see it. The following should be placed within content warnings:
- Any level of violence, nudity or sexual content that would be deemed higher than a "PG" rating
- Anything that would be considered a "spoiler" when discussing popular movies, television shows, sporting events or current events
- VERY sensitive topics which may incite excessively heated arcuments. Keep in mind that healthy lively discussion is encouraged and users are NOT expected to conceal everything that might be the slightest bit disagreeable!
Insances that are the source of repeated posts to the federated timeline that violate ou code of conduct will be blacklisted.
Currently no instances are banned. This area will be kept up to date if and when an instance is added to the blacklist.